Saturday 22 January 2011

Lip balm holders


Lip balm holders
Originally uploaded by aishakenza
Yes, I know that lip balm holders are not toys. But I made these two little beauties using the same technique as amigurumi and so I wanted to share them with you here. They are both crocheted with a 2.5 mm hook using Catania, my very favourite cotton yarn. I started with a magic circle of 6 sc, then increased to 12 (2sc in each st) and 18 (1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st). I worked the next row in the back look of the stitch only, then continued in straight scs until I reached the height of tube I wanted. On the pink one I added a darker pink "lid" and a button and key chain. On the green one I worked a "flap" and then added a picot edging in darker green. They each contain a tube of lip balm, of course. Please tell me which one you like best!

4 comments:

  1. Aisha,

    Is there no end to your talent?

    These are just the cutest...no favourite they are both lovely...(oh ok then ... pink but only because of the colour the styles are both nice)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Clare :) I'm glad you like them.

    My weakness is that when I see something I like I just HAVE to try to make it myself. And my secret is that I only paste up photos of the ones that came out OK :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one of these this winter, to match my cell phone case that I crocheted. I shall have to take a photo and upload to the wonderful ravelry.
    houseplantgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look out for it, houseplantgirl :)

    ReplyDelete